FRAMING THE CONVERSATION
- In this global economy, we're no longer competing with just our neighbors and community members; we are forced to compete with people and businesses from around the country, and across the world.
- As a result, good products, services, business cards or résumés are no longer enough to stand out amongst the competition.
- The average person spends nearly six hours online every day, which means you need a strong, Internet-based personal brand that will help you create value and stay relevant in the minds of people who can expedite your career success.
WHAT THE HECK IS PERSONAL BRANDING, ANYWAY?
Personal branding is the practice of marketing yourself and your career as a brand — the desired image or impression you want to create in the minds of people who can expedite your career success.
A strong personal brand will enable you to achieve greater, faster career success by:
- Strengthening and growing your social network at scale
- Elevating your likeability, relatability and influence
- Helping you land a better job or attracting more customers
- Developing thought leadership and industry recognition
- Creating additional opportunities for your future
Regardless of age, regardless of profession, regardless of the business or career we happen to be in, each one of us needs to understand the importance of branding. To be successful today, our most important job is to be CEO for the brand called You.
HERE'S YOUR CHALLENGE
I created a five-day personal branding challenge, called Step Up to Stand Out, which will help you achieve greater, faster career success by building and growing a strong personal brand.
Whether you're a business owner, entrepreneur, executive, freelancer, employee, student or longtime professional, Step Up to Stand Out will help you develop some early momentum and "quick wins" as you cement the foundation for your personal brand.
It features five mini challenges — or five building blocks — including:
- Setting the goals for your personal brand
- Determining your strengths, passions and values to fulfill your purpose
- Differentiating yourself through macro and micro storytelling
- Analyzing the different facets of your target audience
- Demonstrating your personal brand